The No. 4 Subs Area at Port Kembla Steelworks is used to temporarily store various materials used in operational processes by the Ironmaking department.
A team of BlueScope employees and contractors has worked towards putting additional controls in place to minimise or eliminate dust emissions from the stockpile. These include:
- Wetting down stockpile areas when high winds are forecast,
- Water sprays that are automatically activated during high winds or when material is being transported,
- Road sweeping to minimise drag out on roads,
- Water cart to wet down material when required, and
- Training employees and contractors engaged in the process.
IMAGE: Spray Nozzels